Menu
Northstandblue
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Series link not recording

I have had to reset all my series links as they were not recording. This resolved the problem but now it’s happened again. I can see all the series links yet most (not all) are not in planned recordings. Any ideas why?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link not recording

Hi Northstandblue,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your series link recordings. 

Can you please head over to Home > Settings > Recordings > Series Link+ and Recording Options, then read out what options are set below?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Northstandblue
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Recordings and streaming 

new only 

if possible

25 showS

space needed

i min early

4 min longer

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming those for me.

When you head over to 'My Shows' to view your recordings, what percentage is shown underneath where it says 'My Shows' please? 

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Northstandblue
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

73% Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The programmes that aren't recording, are they the ones that aren't showing in your planned recordings? Or can you see some programmes on the planned recordings which aren't recording? If that makes sense:)

Is anything showing in recording hiccups?

I appreciate this has happened before, but I'd recommend deleting some of your older recordings to free up some space, restart your box and then re add the missing Series Link to see how you get on from there. 

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any specific examples of programs you think that should be recording, but aren't scheduled to?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
NPP
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You say you have the default set to "new only".  Check the "first aired" date in the guide to make sure the programme really has never been shown before.

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
Northstandblue
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In my Original series links some were highlighted as there were programmes to record and some were not because there was no currently series. If I looked in planned recordings they were not shown and they did not have the rings next to them in planner. So for some reason even though the series was current they were not recording. So I deleted all my series links and started again. Then for some unknown reason some (not all) of the deleted series links came back so I had then duplicates on my series links. I have deleted the duplicates and currently all seems to be okay however it was before!  I have also checked hiccups and it only shows today and past no future hiccups. My concern is this will happen again is there a life for the TiVo boxes or should it still be okay

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If TiVo sees an existing series link for a program, it won't let you create a duplicate one but only let you amend the one you already have.

You can check your planned recordings under "my planned recordings" and any missed programs under "recording hiccups" which will show the reason for missed recordings.

If you have any specific programs that you think should be recording but aren't, then feel free to post specific examples here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos