Menu
Thunderlime
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sending Equipment

Hey, I sent back a TiVO that I no longer need a few weeks back and have numerous emails from virgin telling me to send it back. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do when I haven't had the device for over two weeks and I'm being told I will be charged for it. I've looked all over the house for the receipt but it was a fortnight ago that I dropped it off at the C+ store and cannot find it. Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Nichrome
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending Equipment

I'd join in to ask how did you even manage to get a label to send it back? I've cancelled my TV plan in March, and in July I was told to keep it safe as they're not getting customers to return hardware.. I slowly start to get annoyed by a big box taking up space.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thunderlime,

The returned boxes are scanned into the VM systems in bulk. It may take a couple of weeks before the VM systems are updated due to this.

Unfortunately in the meantime the automated VM systems will continue to send out reminders.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nichrome,

You can order the returns kit via this webpage return-or-recycle-equipment/returns 

This page details the items that VM want returning /virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nichrome
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

So according to the page of equipment VM wants back, I should recycle the TiVo box I have instead of sending it back to them? That's what I have. https://my.virginmedia.com/your-tv-box/index.html#tivo

0ef964890fd4c2cc22adb161d70d3a31

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's right Nichrome - it's only 1GB & V6 boxes that are currently being asked to be returned. 

Tom