Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Second tivo activation

I originally decided to cancel our second tivo box but then changed my mind. I managed to get through to  customer support last Saturday who re-instated the service to our account. She then tried to put me through to technical support to complete the process, but after waiting an hour the call was terminated.

I have since tried many times to call but cannot get through despite waiting over an hour several times. I have also tried requesting a text reply, but this never happens. I have tried to get support via the website but this just sends me to a broken link.

This is so frustrating, the second box still showing as code 7400. Anyone got any ideas how I can solve this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Second tivo activation

Hi Gleno, have a look at my last thread. It may have some bearing on your issue. (around which occurrance you channels are on)

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gleno,

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Gleno wrote:

This is so frustrating, the second box still showing as code 7400. Anyone got any ideas how I can solve this? Thanks.

Just to reinforce newapollo's advice, and provide a link to VM's helpsite for anyone else reading this thread.... https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update - managed to get through in my lunch hour. I think it may be resolved. Will find out when I get home. Thanks for the replies above - much appreciated.

0 Kudos