Menu
chris902
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Second Box Cost

Hi Virgin,

I can't find a recent answer to this. I've just set up Virgin TV box and Internet a couple weeks ago.I'd like a second virgin box for my TV upstairs. How much does this cost and presumably it connects with the internet cable and wirelessly? As the router is downstairs it couldn't be wired to that physically.

Thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second Box Cost

TV boxes have RF cable tuners & MUST have a connection to Virgins coax cable in addition to a wired or wireless connection to the hub. You have to have a good WiFi connection (preferrably 5Ghz) for the boxes to work correctly. You can also use powerline connectors, which use your power ring mains as a network.

The cost would be £7.50 per month on rental, plus installation & activation by a technician.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
chris902
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm pretty sure there is a vrgin coax cable in the room. Is it that and a wireless connection to the router it would need?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can connect your TV box to the upstairs socket and see if it works, but don't be surprised if the line is dead - in which case you'll need to pay VM to come round and fix it (subject to the restoration of full tech service after this crisis is over).

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos