Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Screen freeze

Hi folks.

My Tivo box freezes when exiting the on demand service. On returning to normal TV, the audio is fine but the picture freezes on the first frame displayed and begins to flicker. The only way to fix it is to do a hard reset of the box. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Cheers

Gordon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Screen freeze

Good Morning Gordon,

Hope you're well!

Sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your set top box and on TV after the demand services have been viewed.

Can you please advise me how long this has been going on and if you've received any support from our team? 

Any basic checks prior to getting in contact is always appreciated, is all the cabling tight and secure for the set top box and broadband services? 

Have you checked out service status page to see if this an area fault? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

The problem has been present for about 10 days. Its only on one of my boxes, the other works fine so I presume there are no service issues in my area. I have checked all cables, reset the box via the menu and restarted it from a full power off but the problem persists. I received two telephone calls from a Virgin rep this morning regarding the problem, but the telephone line was so crackly that I didn't understand what they were saying. I think I will need an engineer visit, can you help?

Cheers

Gordon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Gordon,

Let's take this to PM and see what we can do!

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for my message

Kindest regards

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Was there a solution to this? My tivo also freezes (black screen and no response to any buttons) on exit from an on-demand service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi smoggypete,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of this happening. Is this on both boxes or just the one?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying John. I've only experienced it on one box. I'll try to replicate the problem on my other box and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How did testing the other Tivo box go for you? 

If this is only happening on one box could you please try following the steps below:

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

If you haven't already, we would also advise to reset the box and check the cables going from the Tivo box to your TV, ensuring these are secure before switching the box back on and allowing it to set itself back up.

Let us know how this goes.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos