forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
waterlooguy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SOLUTION

I signed up for a cable/tivo box instalation last year, The installation was Ugly (Shoddy) the service did not function properly from day 1, there were 4 different attempts to rectify the issues without success so after six months I cancelled. Now Virgin are demanding 12 months payments and are sending damaging reports to the Credit Agencies. I have appealed twice and with the same effect (denial and contempt) Apart from going to Court does anyone have an idea of how to deal with this Situation.

ANY Advice will be gratefully recieved !

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SOLUTION

Did you just phone up and cancel or raise a complaint and get a confirmation that you could leave free of early disconnection fees?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
waterlooguy
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I did call them up and was told there would probably be no issue due to the nature of the fault, But was told subsequently that this was Not the case and I would have to Pay all charges And the rest of the contract term!

I have appealed Twice with Virgin and once through an independent resolution channel.

Nowhere to go but Court I think - Not Good !

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Missing step in the process. Referral to the independent arbitrator CISAS, see complaints procedure:

https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practi...

If you go to Court without trying that first the Court will not look kindly on your claim. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

waterlooguy
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will try and go through the route first, Many thanks

0 Kudos