cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning Virgin Media Equipment

Bailey41
Joining in

I have cancelled my Virgin Media and have to return equipment. I received a text message stating that the collections team would pick up the equipment on a booked date . received a text the night before and the morning of collection to say they would be arriving , no time given, so waited in all day nobody turned up and received a txt at 6.30pm saying they would not be able to collect equipment and could I re book another day. I did not want to spend another day waiting in in the hope they might or might not turn up. I sent the Virgin Media team a reply to there email about querying the kit return explaining all this and asked for a post return kit instead. they should of replied within 3 days but I have heard nothing yet and that was 5 days ago at least. what can I do

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Bailey41 

You've posted in the Tivo forum.  The older Tivo boxes don't need returning.

The following page shows which equipment needs returning

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment 

You can also use the form on < this page > to request returns packaging

Once bundled up you can drop the parcel off at your nearest Collect+ store.

If you have a printer you can print out your own label and return the equipment using your own packaging.

I hope this link helps https://www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk/virgin 

After clicking Create a new label. you will be prompted for your email address. Once you receive the email you will be able to print out a returns label which includes a barcode. You can then parcel up your equipment and drop it off at the nearest Collect + store. Be sure to enclose a covering letter and keep the tracking receipt.

Use either or both of the following links to find your nearest Collect+ store (they have different shops listed)

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/find-a-store 

https://www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk/store-locator?v=2. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply, wasn't quite sure where to post question, box is a Tivo v6 box and router so it will have to be returned.  Is there a time limit as , due to virgin not collecting the equipment last week its been about 8 Weeks since we finished with  virgin after having given 30 days notice.  many thanks

Hi @Bailey41 👋 Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having and completely understand your concern 😔

We'd suggest following the excellent advice provided by @newapollo or, if you'd prefer, we can escalate this to our doorstep collection team, who will be in touch with you to arrange the collection of your equipment.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel. 

Many thanks for your reply but unfortunately the problem with the doorstep collection team is they do not give a time for collection and as already mentioned we originally had a doorstep collection booked with Virgin Media and waited in all day but nobody turned up and , we didn't get a txt until 6.30pm in the evening saying they couldn't make it , so we don't really want to go through a wasted day again so we would rather return the equipment in the post. if a box for the postal return could be sent out to us. best regards 

Hi @Bailey41, no problem at all.

We understand where you're coming from. 

We'd suggest filling out the pre-paid package request form, which can be accessed here. Once done, we'll send you the packaging you need.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

Many thanks, will try that, fingers crossed

Hi @Bailey41,

If you experience any further problems, please pop back to us.

Regards,
Daniel