Menu
Alsealey
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replacing an older TiVo Box being used upstairs?

Hi,

We received a new TiVo V6 box so we moved the old TiVo Box to upstairs, this is now really slow and ideally needs replacing.  We are on the full tv package.  Am I able to order a new one and if so how on earth do I do that?  
Any help or advice would be very grateful, I’ve spent hours trying to find out online but not getting anywhere?  
Thanks

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacing an older TiVo Box being used upstairs?

Hi Alsealey,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your other box, upon checking I can see a few on the boxes input levels aren't what they should be. 

Can you please reboot this box for me, let me know when you've done it so I can check this again?

Thank you,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
b0xx
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

wondering exact same thing recently, got V6 in livingroom and old TiVo 500 is upstairs and like above it’s slooooooooow and can’t watch prime on it and I  was wondering possible to swap out for new box without being fleeced extra cost as am sure I am still paying a fee for the old TiVo 500.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon b0xx

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you've been having issues with the set top box, can you tell me if you've performed reboots or even reset the set top box?

Can you also please make sure all the cables are securely in place? Have you also tried to use a different scart lead on the older set top box?

In regards to Amazon Prime, this service is not available on the older boxes, if you were to request a new set top box to access Prime and we're unable to identify any issue with the set top box, this would incur a charge

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
b0xx
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On point one the answer is yes and yes as well as other tips within the forum too help.

On point two this is 2020 age of HDMI, all leads have been checked again and again and even tried different types of HDMI as not all HDMI are equal so to rule this out was reason I tried different types. Tend to keep it one one channel when I am upstairs saves on hassle.

Box is old and slow probably has not had a decent update since V6 arrived. Do I expect a replacement sadly no ( be surprised if you managed a free replacement) With virgin over 2 decades and never really have or had issues in its many incarnations and M.O always appears to be the same flog old tech for same price as new tech and fleece old loyal customers and give all the good stuff for free to new customers. Sadly this is not only Virgins line so makes moving out of the bed of one wolf just to get into the bed with another wolf.

today is day I could be proved wrong but none the less thanks for your reply And almost predict your next.

0 Kudos