Menu
sn0wstorm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replace old TiVo with V6 box

Hi all,

I have recently been having a lot of issues with my Virgin TV box, it’s one of the old TiVo ones. It’s started restarting randomly, stuck in boot loops for 20 minutes at a time, pixelation on some channels often and doesn’t  support the 4K content I currently pay for. 

I vaguely remember some time last year receiving an email from VM saying that all their old boxes were due to be upgraded to V6 free of charge and that I would be contacted in due course, but nothing came of that. 

I have tried calling 150 a couple of times this week and after being on hold for over an hour I just gave up. I appreciate the current Covid situation means staff are extra busy.

There is a link online about requesting a free Hub3 swap: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap but I could not find anything similar for the V6 box, is such link available?

I have also tried the Live Chat on VM website but again there are huge delays with that. Is there anyway I can request a free V6 replacement through my account rather than to keep dialling 150 and hope for the best?

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replace old TiVo with V6 box

There aren't currently any proactive swap offers, if you go down the "my box is faulty" route and you have VM broadband, you may get a V6 swap if you ask nicely and have VM broadband. But there's no guarantees, and your TiVo could well be replaced with another TiVo.

Your best bet is to go the "re-grade" route. Check over your current package and see if any of the newer bundles might be more cost-effective. Call up VM, with a view to checking your bundle is the best they can offer you and try to swap your box into tr bargain. You'd need to be willing to re-contract for 12/18months.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sn0wstorm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yea I renewed my contract over the phone last night, it was brought up to the retentions person I spoke to and they transferred me to the relevant department (I think faults) to ask for a new box. But after being on hold for over an hour I gave up. 

Surely there has to be other ways to go about this and getting a new box?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It sounds like the package you've been offered (and accepted) could potentially be using your existing box, and they have taken your request to change box as a fault scenario. That's fine, and may work, but the V6 will be at VM's discretion.

If you want your package to include a box-swap, then it needs to be part of your renegotiation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sn0wstorm
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through on 150, really helpful lady has kindly arranged for a V6 to be sent out free of charge. This can now be closed I guess 🙂

0 Kudos