Menu
jodles04
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Remote

Need a new TiVo remote, as buttons aren't working. Cannot get through on phone lines (tried ringing all day, constantly on hold with the terrible music). Any suggestions how I can get one? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote

Hi jodles04,

Have you tried changing the batteries? If so then unfortunately you either need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Or you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days

You've posted in the TIVO forum, but if you have a V6 box then for now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jodles04
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. 

The remote keys aren't working at all, so def need a new remote. It's for the TiVo box, so can't use the app. 

I've tried calling again, no answer still. I also tried the mobile number, someone answered yesterday and then promptly left again. No answer on twitter either. 

Guess i'm stuck watching the same channel forever!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again jodles04,

The best time to call is 8am when they first open.

There is an online chat messenger, scroll to the bottom of the following page and click on the Message Us box  experiencing-an-issue 

It isn't manned all the time as phone calls take priority, and you will probably be greeted by the "VM bot" again.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jodles04
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'll try the message bit as well, thanks. 

Unfortunately, I am a night shift worker. Unable to call early in the morning. 

This is really something they should let you do online. Hopefully I can say this... if i ever get to speak with anyone! 

0 Kudos