Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Remote not working

Some of the buttons on the remote aren't working and I just want to order a replacement. Getting very frustrated as on-line chat said off-line although it was within the correct hours and got fed up listening to the music after 45mins on the phone.

How can I get a new one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote not working

Hi BarryB1962,

If you try phoning again then you need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 (options 1,1 and2) from a  Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. VM aim to repsond within 24 hours, however it may take longer due to it being a bank holiday weekend. 

For now, if you have a V6 box you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote (I'm not sure if it works with the older TIVO boxes)

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problems so frustrating, but cant get that remote control app to work on my TIVO box from 2011. Hope you have better luck with the app. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes got the app working which will be helpful especially for setting the box when not at home but really want a new remote and still not getting anywhere. I was  told I would be contacted within 24 hours and that was  3 days ago!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning BarryB1962,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see we've not been able to get to this sooner

I can see that you've since been able to order a new remote control from us.

How's everything looking? Is this now working as expected for you?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos