Menu
hotsnow1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Remote not working- switch to Sky?

My remote isn’t working properly, but it is literally impossible to speak to someone at Virgin. Used to have excellent customer service, but now I suspect I’d have better service taking a half eaten sausage roll back to Greggs.

Followed their various online help guides, but for  £150 a month and I’m being told to use my phone as a remote??? At the risk of being old fashioned, that’s not a solution surely? 

The remote is only useful for self-flagellation at the frustration of not being able to switch channels. No one should have to watch The Mummy Diaries on itv2, its inhumane, it’s torture. But I can’t change the channel. Yesterday I had to watch Hollyoaks. I’m nearly 40- that’s unacceptable.  And frankly after 7 months stuck indoors, the last thing I want to do of an evening is talk to my family. I want to watch tv and change the channel, not wave my remote about like I’ve got a tremor. 

Has anyone else had a similar issue?
Did you manage to resolve?
Better still, what’s the number for Sky? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote not working- switch to Sky?

Hi hotsnow1,

You need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

The Connect app would act as a temporary remote until you receive a replacement.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @hotsnow1 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your remote and the remote App and that the online help didn't resolve this. 

Have you since been able to call the team on 150 / 03454541111 to order a replacement? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
hotsnow1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Holly,

Naturally we phoned the customer service number straight away to resolve, but we were unable to speak to anyone. I think we phoned about 4 times, but just got pushed from pillar to post on the automated switchboard. We’re not complete incompetents and in the past have had no issue getting through to talk to a customer service representative. However, it was very much a case of “computer says no”.

We have also text our problem which was also suggested as a resolution, but 5 days later have yet to receive a response either.

Any suggestions? The husband is phoning Sky tomorrow as he’s fed up now.

0 Kudos
GeoffM1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Not that this is of any help to anyone else really but some buttons on my remote control are not working also, so I thought I may as well join this thread as start a new one.

I went through the website, it told me to call 150, after several menus, I was told that due to Coronavirus, our call centres are closed. There was no indication that they were working reduced hours, it just said they were closed.

I was advised to go to virginmedia.com/faults

So, I did, whereupon I was told to call 150.

In summary, virginmedia.com tells me to call 150, 150 tells me to go to virginmedia.com.

What am I supposed to do ?

0 Kudos
im1959
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ,

I don't have a remote problem , the problem I have is pixellation on my screen , been like that for weeks now ,  reported it twice , after trying for around 8 times a day to get through , both times they get me to pull cables out , push cables in  in out , in out and shake them all about , they run tests , still the problem is there , I am seriously thinking about going to SKY , customer service is terrible with VM , spending good money on a service you can hardly watch .

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi hotsnow1, thanks for the message and sorry for the delayed reply. I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the remote control, can you confirm how the call went? Are you still waiting for this to be resolved or have you now managed to get the remote control ordered? Please let us know and we will aim to assist - Chris 

0 Kudos