Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Remote is dead

Remote has stopped working - if I press the CLEAR and TV button together I don’t even get a light. It’s completely dead - having spent over an hour on the phone to Virgin with no response how on earth do I get a new remote?

Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote is dead

Hi Jackles29,

Obvious question but have you tried new batteries?

You need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2. but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I tried new batteries, turned the box off and on and also tried pressing the CLEAR and TV button etc. - initially the green light appeared but I’m not even getting that now so I am assuming the remote is well and truly dead. Have sent a text message as suggested and will ring at 8 in the morning to see if I have any more luck. Using the app at the moment to control the box.

Thanks for your help though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jackles29,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with your remote. 

Have you been able to speak with the team concerning this?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I did speak to someone and they were arranging for a new remote to be sent.

Thanks

0 Kudos