cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote control

Hewdogg81
Joining in

Hi my Tivo remote control has finally given up on life after a good 10 years. Iv tried the links on the Virgin Media website to order a new one and the links don't work. I also spent 2 hours on hold to customer service and was disconnected. Can anyone help please? 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Hewdogg81 

Have you tried the links to the order the remote in either a different browser or using an incognito window? I sometimes have problems with them using Chrome, but they work if I use either Firefox or Edge.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you but it may be a few days.

In the meantime download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote, either from the link below of from ios/android app store.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave

I have tried 4 different browsers on laptops and mobile all say the link doesn't exist. Customer service on Socials can't help, CS on phone but me off after 2 hours. It's not for me it's my Grandparents they're 89 and 85 they don't have smart phones. 

I guess I'll have to wait for someone to pick it up and help. Thanks for your help though 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Hewdogg81 

Sorry to see trying different browsers hasn't worked for you.

I don't know which link you've tried but I've just tried the follwoing on Chrome and it worked for me

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

It's a shame your grandparents don't have smart phones to download the app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I just get an oops this isn't working right now please check again later. Multiple browsers and devices.

Tried the link you posted and I get the exact same 

Hi there @Hewdogg81, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you have been unable to order a remote for your grandparents, I will be happy to help for this to be sent for them. I will just need to send you a PM to confirm your details for this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules