Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Remote control

• My remote is not working. The buttons are not working properly as it difficult to change channel or use sound buttons. Batteries fine and connected OK before. I am having to use 1 remote for 2 boxes. The online help for this does not work as the page is not displayed. Can I please have another?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Remote control

Hi phone and go down the TV faults route they will send you a new one in the post. Regards Micky
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tried to call and when I get to the right options it wants to send me a text link. I've already been through this and I cannot get the help I need.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Tried again to get the link to the help and as soon as I press 1 the call hangs up on me. No help!

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi LO_2020,

Please can you try the following link virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

You should be able to order a replacement remote from there, also if you have a V6 box you can download the TV Control app from the same page and use that until you receive the replacement remote

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying. Image of error attached.

Screenshot_20201024-163048_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi again LO_2020,

It's working for me, as per the screen shot below. have you tried a different browser?

You could also try clicking on Check service status further up this page, then when the page opens scroll down the three tabs, broadnand, tv and phone. 

Click on the TV tab, thenh my remote isn't working and follow the prompts.

remote.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, Many thanks. I still get that error when I click on 'order a remote ' after 'my remote isn't working. I'll try again later and maybe try with a laptop. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem. It takes me through the help screens but the link to "Order new remote" on page https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/order-new-remote just returns the same error as LO_2020 is getting.

Edit to add that I have tried both Safari and Firefox.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote controlTo order a new remote you need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111,

Two other methods to order a new remote you need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Or you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

If you have a V6 box then for now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

0 Kudos