Menu
chinmeister
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Relocate Tivo boxes

I need to move two TiVo boxes for some building work, but the call centre say I have to ring on the day to book and won’t book in advance? They say since Covid that’s all they can do ? That doesn’t make sense to me surely it’s easier to book engineers weeks ahead ? Anybody help?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Relocate Tivo boxes

It's not the correct answer, but the true answer isn't going to help hugely I'm afraid.

This is classed as a non-essential home visit which, in normal times, you can book through the normal faults process at a cost of £99.

VM have had a hold on these visits for many months now, which has only just been released, but this will have caused a backlog of appointments which may take a while to work through.

You can either callback to C/S and hopefully speak to another agent who can advise further, or wait on here (maybe a day or so) for forum staff who can advise further. This policy has only changed in the last few days so it maybe the agent you spoke to, wasn't fully aware.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
chinmeister
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its really frustrating as it’s holding up other work that’s going on. Do I need to ring back, this will be help he third call in a couple of weeks to try to resolve this. If I had a date to work to, it will help all the other tradesmen?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure this is causing frustration, and you're not the first person to post on here with a very similar situation. Until last week, there was a blanket "no" on these visits with no indication as to when it should change. So, looking on the bright side, at least there is now some prospect of getting a date.

The first indication of this change was in this post from forum staff on Friday, so it's only any agents you've spoken to since then, that should have been aware of this change.

That other post does mention that agents should now be able to book these appointments, although I suspect there may be a quota system inplace to prevent the techs getting swamped with non-urgent jobs and preventing fault callouts getting a look in. I'm surmising - this may not be the case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos