Menu
mickbaker13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Redundant Samsung Tivo Box

I have a Samsung C7100 which I was told I would have to accept as a second Tivo box when agreeing a contract a couple of years ago.  But I have never used it and never will.  So can I return it to Virgin or recycle it? 

Cheers

Mick Baker

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Redundant Samsung Tivo Box

Details of the equipment which VM are currently requesting back, is shown here 

If it's not one of those boxes, then you're best to recycle the box in the most appropriate manner.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mickbaker13
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this but in fact Virgin have told me I have to keep it as a condition of my contract. Which is if course ridiculous.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah, I see. So you've got a TV box as part of your Virgin bundle that you're not using but is part of your package nonetheless.

In that case, you have two alternate choices..

1: Renegotiate your bundle to cancel this TV box. You've not said whether it's a multiroom or single-box setup, I would assume single-box because multiroom boxes should be straightforward to cancel.

2: Keep the box safe until such time as you are no longer renting it from VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
mickbaker13
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's single room but I'm being told that my contract was cheaper only because I had the extra box. So presumably the same thing might apply when my current contract expires and I negotiate a new one. It makes no sense to me at all that Virgin want to force a box on me that they know I won't use. What's in it for them?!
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Probably the same theory as leads supermarkets to have "Buy one get one free" offers that, to use your terminology, force free products on customers that they may not use. Heck, perhaps even increasing sales numbers.

Multibuy discounts, in other words. If storing the box is proving to be a problem, then ask how much it would impact your bundle to have it cancelled. Then make a choice of how much it bothers you.

0 Kudos