cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recycle old media box turned to collection - confused

llandudnoboy
Tuning in

I've just cancelled my TV sub as I've switched over to Freeview. I was told to take my equipment to the nearest recycling centre. I was quite surprised and mentioned that they used to take the equipment back to which he replied that they don't do that any longer.

This morning I received an email from Virgin telling me that there is a dedicated doorstop collection team that will be collecting my Virgin media box.

Good thing I haven't taken it to the recycling centre yet. I think there's some confusion here in the customer service department!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @llandudnoboy 

You can actually return the equipment yourself rather than wait for the doorstep collection.

You can order prepaid returns packaging on the following page and take it to your local collect plus store

https://www.virginmedia.com/request-returns-pack 

Or iIf you have a printer you can print out your own label and return the equipment.

I hope this link helps https://www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk/virgin 

After clicking Create a new label. you will be prompted for your email address. Once you receive the email you will be able to print out a returns label which includes a barcode. You can then parcel up your equipment and drop it off at the nearest Collect + store.

Use either or both of the following links to find your nearest store (they have different shops listed)

https://www.collectplus.co.uk/find-a-store 

https://www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk/store-locator?v=2. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

29 REPLIES 29

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @llandudnoboy 

If you have the old Tivo box that doesn't need returning,

As far as I'm aware it still just hubs 3/4/5, V6 and 360 boxes, and wifi pods that need returning.

You can check which type of TV set top box you have <<< here >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is an old TiVo box, but they still say they're going to collect it. Makes no difference to me of course, but does seem a bit confusing.

Hi there @llandudnoboy 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums.

We are so sorry for the confusion caused and a big thank you to newapollo for their guidance, has this resolved things for you now? 

Hi Ash,

There wasn't really anything to resolve. Just a query on why I was asked by Virgin Media in a phone call to take my equipment to a recycling centre, and then receiving an email telling me that my equipment would need to be collected. There just seemed to be a bit of confusion with Virgin Media info that I was given. Luckily I hadn't taken it to the recycling centre so have arranged for it to be picked up.

Thanks for replying llandudnoboy.

We are sorry for any confusion our team have caused you.

We did make a slight change to what equipment was needed back on the 1st of March.

I have a feeling that some agents may have not read the update.

Just to be sure, Can I send you a private message to check what was advised.

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

There's no message from you showing.

Chris

Hello llandudnoboy.

Sorry the message never arrived. I have just resent it now.

Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello llandudnoboy,

Thank you very much for passing security.

I have had a look at your account and can see we have indeed arranged for a doorstep collection.

The equipment does need to be returned, but there are now no charges applied.

It would be best to stick to the original plan you had the last time you contacted our team.

The Technicians that collect equipment will call you when they arrive. As this is done on an ad hoc basis. We  are unable to track the exact time for pick up.

I hope that helps. 

Would you be able to let me know once your items have been picked up.

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth. Yes, I've been given a date for collection. I was just wondering why I was originally told to take it down to a recycling centre and what would've been the repercussions for me if I had.

I'm leaving it out on the doorstep in a carrier bag for collection as I have to work. I've been told that this was ok to do.