cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recycle TiVo box

Carrie63
Tuning in

Hi all, the link about recycling on the flyer enclosed with my 360 box isn’t working. I can see others have had the same experience. I’ve seen conflicting information about how to recycle a TiVo. I’ve called Virgin media and was, I think, told to put it in the bag which would be sent to me and then take it to the post office to send to the courier! Surely not. Could someone confirm what I should do with the box. Plus, it would help if the link worked!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Carrie63 

The following page normally says which equipment needs returning, however it isn't listing any at present

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment 

The webpage should be updated shortly, however the equipment which needs returning which is - 

Virgin TV V6 Box, Virgin TV 360 Box, Virgin TV Stream Box, Hub 4, Hub 5, Powerline Wi-Fi, Powerline Ethernet, Wi-Fi Booster, Wi-Fi Pod, and Emergency Back-Up Line (EBUL)

As you can see the older Tivo box doesn't need returning, but the newer V6 box  does.  

You can double check which TV set top box you have by looking at the pictures on <<< this page >>>>   The older Tivo box which doesn't need returning is shown on the right.

If you need to order returns packaging you can do so online <<< here >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Beware !

Initial instructions for recycling regularly change and become a charge from VM for not returning by post or not permitting home collection.  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Carrie63 

The following page normally says which equipment needs returning, however it isn't listing any at present

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment 

The webpage should be updated shortly, however the equipment which needs returning which is - 

Virgin TV V6 Box, Virgin TV 360 Box, Virgin TV Stream Box, Hub 4, Hub 5, Powerline Wi-Fi, Powerline Ethernet, Wi-Fi Booster, Wi-Fi Pod, and Emergency Back-Up Line (EBUL)

As you can see the older Tivo box doesn't need returning, but the newer V6 box  does.  

You can double check which TV set top box you have by looking at the pictures on <<< this page >>>>   The older Tivo box which doesn't need returning is shown on the right.

If you need to order returns packaging you can do so online <<< here >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you Dave, that’s really helpful. It’s the TiVo so I’ll take it to a recycling centre. Virgin’s communication about this is diabolical.

Hello. I’ve now received both an email and a text saying I’ll receive packaging to return the TiVo, plus the Wi-Fi pod included in my package. Virgin really don’t know what their own policies are and it’s really frustrating. Now I’ve discovered I can have Sky without a dish I think I’ll be cancelling my Virgin package when the contract ends. i

I expect Sky are equally frustrating but at least I can learn that rather then expecting Virgin incompetence!

Hi Carrie63,

Thanks for your post. I'm really sorry for any confusion surrounding your equipment return, I can appreciate the frustrations there.

We do have a guide with everything you need to know about returning any equipment to us here, however I have noticed that the page isn't listing the equipment we need back in error, so I've fed this back to be corrected.

If you don't receive your packaging for whatever reason, you can request an equipment returns package for free online here - once packed up, you'll just need to drop it off to a Collect+ point near you.

If you have any other questions just give us a shout. We're here to help

Beth

Thank you Beth, I’ve also been asked to return the Wi-Fi pod. That’s part of my Volt package. Could you clarify that? I wasn’t told that accepting a 360 box would mean I couldn’t have pods anymore. 

Hi Carrie63, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been asked to return the pods, this would still work with the 360 as it is for the broadband.

I can only assume they have been removed. I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards Chris.