Menu
Nickisue
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Records wrong things

Any body else have this issue. I have emmerdale and Corrie recording on series link. Occasionally emmerdale would record ok but when I went to watch the recorded episode of Corrie it would be emmerdale again. Now this is happening at least once a week. Just gone to watch Corrie tonight and it's recorded emmerdale. Unfortunately it was too late for me to watch it on itv+1 and it's not available on catch up yet. No point phoning virgin because I usually  come off the phone more confused and irritated than before I phone them 

thanks for your thoughts 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Records wrong things

Is this because ITV have changed their schedule too late for the EPG to catch up?

Does it happen with any other programs?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nickisue
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi it doesn't do it with any other programmes and it's done it on and off for last couple of years but has got much worse recently 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thats not what the poster asked, " is it because ITV changed thier schedule" . Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Nickisue
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I understood that is what they meant and that's why I said it's happened over the past couple of years meaning not just with the programme changes due to covid. But to clarify it happens only with coronation street and at times that coronation street is usually on so not a change to schedule. And it always records the episode of emmerdale that is on just before corrie

so emmerdale is on at 7 and Corrie is on at 7.30. Emmerdale records fine but instead of Corrie I have emmerdale recorded again. 

I will probably have to phone up but that's no easy task🥴

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If this problem is only happening on specific programs, it follows that the issue Is likely with the guide data.

It further follows that more people should be affected by such an error.

Can you check your "My planned recordings" for future airings - do they line up with the currently scheduled times?

I'm aware that some of these soaps are currently running short of episodes, which would be one way to solve the issue for now!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Nickisue
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I will try that thanks and let you know

0 Kudos