Menu
LM3LM
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Recordings not playing

Hello,

For a month I was upgraded as I was mis lead with what was changing for an upgrade to get sky sports and sky cinema, due to being at work I recorded films to watch when I have time. After the month we downgraded for a cheaper deal and all the films I have recorded are now not available as I'm 'no longer a subscriber.' Why can I not watch them as I have paid for them when I upgraded?

I have recorded tv shows before and when they have been 'no longer available' on O.D I'm still able to watch them on my recordings so why can't I do that with the films I've paid for and recorded?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recordings not playing

Hi LM3LM,

That will be due to a rights issue. If you are no longer subscribed to Sky Movies then you aren't able to watch them.

However should you re-subscribe and haven't deleted the recordings then you should be able to watch them again.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings not playing

For further clarity - Sky insist that you subscribe to the channel in question both at the time of recording and watching.

If you don't subscribe when you want to watch the programme, then this is the expected behaviour on any recording from a Sky channel. You will need to resubscribe to Sky Cinema to watch these recordings.

It's the same behaviour when recording Sky channels on other platforms.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos