cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings not happening - no signal

janeyh1959
Tuning in

I have a TiVo box and a few times in the past few weeks I’ve set programmes to record, red light comes on but when I check my shows it’s not there. I checked recordings and it said no signal. It doesn’t happen every time, can anyone help

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like a failed tuner. The box has three of these, so if the failures are from random channels that would explain it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks

it doesn’t happen every time, even on the same night

janeyh1959
Tuning in

Could someone from the Forum Team please contact me, as I don’t really want to spend ages on the phone to customers service 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@janeyh1959 wrote:

Could someone from the Forum Team please contact me, as I don’t really want to spend ages on the phone to customers service 

You will not get immediate staff responses here. This is a customer information exchange forum with staff backup. Staff respond to posts in strict rotation, so it can take a couple of days to reach the top of the queue. Any additional posts to the thread just pushes you back to the bottom of the queue, so just leave the thread dormant & wait for a response.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Janeyh1959 👋 welcome back to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your set top box, and recordings not appearing due to no signal. As the community have advised it sounds like one of the tuners may have failed. We would need to get a technician booked out to you to take a further look and order a replacement if needed. I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer further support with this. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 

We can then return to this public thread with an update when possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🌞 Wishing you all the best. 

Molly