Menu
paulallen18
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Recording

Any advice. Our recordings only partially record, especially on our second V6 box. Example last night 'Googlebox' recorded in two section missing out 12 minutes in the middle. Nothing else was being recorded.

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording

That means your box crashed and rebooted in the middle of the recording, your signal levels are probably out of spec, phone up for an engineer visit

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ALF28
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording

I also sometimes get this, it is nearly always when virgin do a  "reboot of the v6 box" which they do now and again so it goes off for a while and the recording ends up as two partial recordings, so usually nothing to worry about, just a nuisance the recording was spoilt, you may be able to get it on the catch up service.

Suggest you do another recording to check the system is ok and report back.

Could be many things such as loss of connection,rebooting, power cut, loose connection, v6 hard disc space full etc.

Check service status by logging onto your virgin account and do a check on speed etc.

If the problem persists could be a hardware fault, so test by recording again to see if the fault is still happening and ensure the disc is not 100% full  by deleting some recordings to ensure there is disc space (below 100%)

If it is still happening, report findings and perhaps you can get help on the forum community or ring 150 if you have a landline at 8.00am for advice.

0 Kudos