Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Reactivate TiVo box

I successfully replaced one of my TiVo boxes with a new t6 box last Friday. My other TiVo box is not working. Tv Shows error code 7400, tells me to get in touch with UNKNOWN, and tells me there is an issue on my account. Cannot get in touch with virgin to address these issues and reactivate the TiVo box. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reactivate TiVo box

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 , the number to call is 0800 9539500

The automated service may be able to complete your activation, otherwise it's just a case of being patient with the call queues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Screen instruction tells me to call UNKNOWN

Installed a new t6 box a week ago. I have a second TiVo box which virgin have deactivated in error. Need second box activated

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Screen instruction tells me to call UNKNOWN

@Macgregor1948 

I'd recommend following the advice you were previously given. When you call back in, have the serial numbers of all your boxes handy.

Also make sure you have the appropriate multiroom subscription, and haven't dropped to a single-box subscription in error. It's happened before.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Macgregor1948,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see there's been an issue with your set top box, how is the service looking currently?

I can see you spoke to our team yesterday and have recommended a engineer, have you been able to have this visit to your house today?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No, I was told I would get phone call within 4 hours of virgin opening this morning. 
I got a call at 11.52 and engineer took reference number of TiVo box, said he would access

the account and get back to me within half an hour. It is now 1.15 and I have heard nothing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good Evening Macgregor1948,

Thanks for the response and I'm sorry to see that you've been having issues with your set top box

I've been able to book an engineer appointment for you, which will be itemised in your self-care account

If you can please log into your account and review this, you will be able to reschedule the appointment if required

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

David 

thanks a lot but this afternoon I rang the engineer who had rung me, he used his mobile, and he said that my box was faulty and ordered me a new box. I went on line to tell the complaints team what was going on and lo and behold I was directed on the automated system to where they sent a signal to the box and it now works

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. 

I'll seek to cancel the engineer visit for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

David

thanks for your help. I cannot believe that it took over two weeks, lots of cut off and dead end phone calls and and cut off messages, to get a single signal sent down the wire to restore my box. Do you think it is worth contacting virgin with my concerns or should I let it go. I took many photos of the messages I received. Typical example:- Agent advises me she is going for her half hour break and will definitely get back to me when she returns to seat. Waited for her to return but she never did.

0 Kudos