cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPlayer buffering on Tivo box

PhilDavid
Joining in

I have the same problem - buffers, then eventually freezes and the box has to be rebooted which takes at least five minutes.  So red button is essentially useless, as is Virgin's customer service, it's always impossible to communicate with them.  Overpriced and terrrible service, just about ready to leave and find another solution because this isn't acceptable any more. 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your post has been moved to a new thread.

If your TiVo is freezing, that's a fault which can be reported. The TiVo was first released in 2010 so are getting on a bit now. You should get a tech visit who'll likely replace it with a V6.

From your comment about being overpriced, I would presume you've not renegotiated your package recently - that would also be an ideal time to audit your costs and request an upgrade to a V6 as part of the deal. Just be very careful of a sales pitch for the alternative TV360 software and make 100% sure you're aware of the differences between TiVo/V6 and it - and choose for yourself whether you want to voluntarily convert or remain with V6.

Staff should respond on this thread in a couple of days

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PhilDavid,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your TV box! I'll be more than happy to assist you further.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon! 

Thank you! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs