cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: YouTube on tv not working

IWantMyMTV
Tuning in

This is something I've had now for a couple of weeks - I just get the buffering circle with no progress. No probs with other apps, YouTube works fine with all other devices in the house. Will try the specific box reboot.

Any new suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @IWantMyMTV,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with the YouTube app, has rebooting the box resolved the issues that you're having with the app?

If not, please can you clear the cache on your TV box, you can do this by doing this Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play.

Please let us know, if your issues have been resolved or if you need further help.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @IWantMyMTV,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with the YouTube app, has rebooting the box resolved the issues that you're having with the app?

If not, please can you clear the cache on your TV box, you can do this by doing this Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play.

Please let us know, if your issues have been resolved or if you need further help.

Regards,

Steven_L

hi - the specific box reboot resolved the problem. I'll note the other solution for future reference should it happen again.

Hi IWantMyMTV

Thanks for coming back to us. I am glad all sorted for you. Best 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

didn't last long - back to the circle of doom again...

I'm very sorry to hear you're having this issue again. Have you been able to try the same suggestion as previously?

^Martin

yes, it worked but a little annoying to have to do it just a few days later.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello IWantMyMTV, thank you for reaching back out.

Please can you just confirm what TV box you have?

Have you also turned your box off by the mains and turned it back on? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

no but I'll give that I go if it happens again

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries IWantMyMTV,

Do let us know if the issue is still occuring?

Thanks,

Kain