Menu
lukesturgess94
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv v6 activation

I am currently having the same issue. Would it be possible to have it activated tonight or would I have to phone in the morning as customer service is currently closed. Thanks.
0 Kudos
lukesturgess94
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Replacement v6 box activation

I receieved my replacement V6 box but It is not activated. It would be nice to get it setup as soon as possible but I tried to ring Virgin Media and got cut off probably due to the call centre being closed. Would I have to wait until the morning or would someone be able to do it for me tonight? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement v6 box activation

There should be an activation number on the card which takes you straight to quickstart, albeit they may be closed however the system should still find out the new box has been connected and offer an automatic activation.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv v6 activation

Hi lukesturgess94,

The call centres open at 8am. Sorry to say but your best bet is to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
lukesturgess94
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I got the error 7400 and my old box still works.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@lukesturgess94 

Rather than create several duplicate posts for the same query 😉

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 gives the correct advice for this error, you will need to call VM Activations on 0800 9539500, with your box details to hand.

Often the automated system will suffice, but if there's a problem you will need to queue for an agent to activate your box manually. This can't be done online.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
lukesturgess94
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I had it sorted out this morning 🙂 I apologise I just got a bit worried about it.

0 Kudos