Menu
KevCV21
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo freezing on playback

Hi

my TiVo box has again started stopping and starting on playback after having a new box sent last year. I have the feeling the replacement was a reconditioned one as it still had someone else’s Netflix login details I had to remove. 

how do I stand with getting a new box!

thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo freezing on playback

@KevCV21 

The thread you replied to was just over a year old and had multiple people contributing, so I've created a new post for you..

You're having problems with recordings and delayed TV, is that right? Do you have any issues with live TV? Or OnDemand?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev,

Welcome back to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Sorry to hear that your TiVo box has started started stopping and starting on playback. Does an error code show on screen when this occurs?

Are you only experiencing this issue when you are watching recorded TV?

Have you checked all of the cables and wires are tightly connected to your TiVo box and TV?

Serena

0 Kudos
KevCV21
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I spoke with Virgin and they sent signal to clear the issue. Since then it has now froze a few times on Live TV as well as catch up / on demand

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That'll be 2 different issues, neither of which are likely to be cleared by remote resets.

Live TV is fed to your box as "broadcast" signals, and if the levels are out, this will manifest as picture breakup & pixellation. One reboot is a wise precaution, but if symptoms persist then there's an underlying problem.

OnDemand is carried over the internet, if you have poor connectivity then buffering/stuttering may result but not necessarily pixellation.

If you have hard drive problems, this would affect anything being played from the HDD - recorded, delayed and paused TV. But not OnDemand or live programmes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KevCV21
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I will talk with Virgin team again shortly

0 Kudos