Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box stuck on update

Exactly the same here. Box suddenly did an update last week as has been stuck on rebooting since then. We have been away for a week, box off, and still the same now. Cannot get in touch via phone and two SMS messages had gone unanswered. I'm pretty sure the problem is terminal and need a replacement.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@johnsw16 

Rather than adding to an existing thread, it's easier to start a new one with your details.. I've done this for you 🙂

Aside from checking whether you have a TiVo or a V6, the V6 needs a separate internet connection and this is via your homehub... you're best off persisting with the queues I'm afraid.

The text message service you mention tends to take a couple of days to respond, and VM staff on here are around a week behind at the moment.

Grab a biscuit and coffee, put your phone on speaker/handsfree mode and "enjoy" Virgin-FM 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's all very well but I never get through to even ringing to a real person. It goes around various options but never "connection to a member of our team" or it just cuts me off! I have the older Tivo (3-recordings) and a separate internet router.

PS - the first SMS was sent on the 22nd of October. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just hung on for an hour listening to crappy music then been cut off! Is anyone from virgin media reading these posts. My box had been out for two weeks now and no response at all - can't get through on the phone and no reply from SMS either!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnsw16,

Thanks for posting and very sorry for the late reply.

I can see you've been able to contact us regarding the issues with your TiVo 🙂 If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos