Menu
Ash98691
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box stuck on 'Starting Up...'

I am having the same welcome screen reboot cycle from install and have spent over an hour on the phone. Many promised call backs that haven’t happened. I know the hardware needs replacing. Banging my head against a wall trying to get this sorted.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ash98691,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really sorry to hear that your Virgin box is stuck on the starting up screen, it is frustrating when you are not getting the help you require.

Remotely looking from our end we have located your account with the details you have provided from your community profile. We can see there has been a fault ticket raised and it looks as though our 2nd line faults have arranged to call you back regarding this issue.

Is this who you were talking too? Have they advised if they are going to monitor the situation or have they arranged for a technicians visit for you?

Please let us know so we can assist you further. 

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Ash98691
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, and thanks for getting in touch

i was put on hold to speak to a technician and just gave up because I was on hold for a long time. I have tried to request a replacement box because I know that it’s the hardware that’s failed. I used to install CPE as a service tech before moving to Networks so I do know when a Hit won’t resolve the issue, yet no one has listened.

I understand I am not able to sign out a replacement from our red shed at Baguley to replace myself. I’m just frustrated as I’m being passed around.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ash98691,

I am really sorry to hear that you've been treated in this way, I know that must have been quite frustrating.

I can see that you had an engineer come out to you on Wednesday - can I ask if the issues have now been resolved? I can't see that you have contacted us after this so I am hoping that's a good sign.

Do let us know if you still need any help.

Beth

0 Kudos
Ash98691
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I replaced the box myself after getting a replacement from a service tech whilst I was out in the field

0 Kudos