Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box pixellation

Hi Community, 

If anyone from Virgin Media is monitoring this, please can you help? My Tivo TV picture has been breaking up badly (like pixellation) for several weeks. I've tried re-booting, checked service status  -  there is a reported fault but not one which appears relevant to this. I've tried calling Virgin pretty much every day but  the call centre is closed. I've texted the fault to 07533 051809 but have had no response. 

I also have a long-standing problem with broadband from my Superhub 1 which doesn't work in modem mode with my Apple Airport Extreme and Airport network, resulting in v slow speeds and interrupted signal. 

My next bill is more than £80 for this rubbish service. Does anyone have a suggestion? Virgin - please contact me! 

My account number is [REMOVED]

Many thanks

Steve Walsh 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Steve,

Not the help you are looking for, sorry, but you may be able to get a free hub swap via this link virginmedia hubswap 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. In fact I already tried (and just tried again) to order an upgraded super hub via that 'hub swap' page but there even seems to be a fault with that! As you may know, you have to tick various boxes about the equipment - all fine, but then when I click 'save and continue', the button remains pale (the pink equivalent of greyed out) and does not respond. I've checked to see if this might be pilot error on my part but it doesn't seem to be. 

The broadband problem has been going on for ages  - frustrating but as you know, this isn't the main issue, which is the badly pixellating TV picture. There is no way to get through to a real person at Virgin Media, which is unacceptable, notwithstanding the virus crisis - many other large companies are providing customer service. I will try texting that number again and hope for a response. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey @SteveWW,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your services and getting a new super hub sent out to you.

Upon looking into your account, I can see that you have an SNR fault in your local area, this would most definitely be the cause of the issues that you're having with both your TV and broadband. The estimated fix date and time is 9am on Wednesday 11th November.

Regarding a hub swap, I have arranged for this to be sent out to you, all the information that you need about your delivery can be found on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking, you will also receive your tracking information via text message or email from our delivery partner.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven, 

Many thanks for that information and for arranging the delivery of an upgraded super hub. That's very useful and I'm very grateful. 

As you may have seen in my previous post, my Super Hub (Mk 1) has never worked in 'modem mode' with my Apple Airport Extreme, despite consulting both Virgin and spending literally hours on the phone with a senior Apple tech adviser. In fact on the last occasion we tried to remedy this, we ended up in a situation where we were unable to access the internet in order to re-set the super hub settings, which became a complete nightmare. So I've been reluctant to re-visit this, and instead just hobble along with slow speeds.

With that in mind, can you suggest where I might seek good well-informed guidance about whether the new Super hub should definitely work with the Airport Extreme, and if so how to make it work? I'm very nervous about trying to use it in modem mode without that re-assurance, in case I end up in the same position again with having to have very long calls with Apple and/or Virgin to try to resolve it. 

Any suggestions or factual technical background to this would be gratefully received.. 

Many thanks Steven.

- Steve 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delayed response @SteveWW.

Have you been able to use your Airport extreme with your new hub?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven, 

Thanks for checking up on this - it's much appreciated. The new hub has not yet arrived. I've still not been able to contact customer services either. I received a regular bill from Virgin Media the other day so I've had no alternative to put in a complaint and decline to pay for the TV service in the hope that prompts some action from Virgin. 

Many thanks again for keeping an eye on this. I'll try to update if there is any news. 

Best wishes, 

Steve Walsh 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Really the box hasn't arrived yet, this should have been with you along time ago.

I have arranged for another one to be sent out to you SteveWW. 

The delivery information can be found on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking, you will also receive your tracking information via text message or email from our delivery partner.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That's good  - thanks very much indeed, Steven. 

Steve 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You're very welcome Steve, please let me know if you have any issues with the delivery or setting up your new hub, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a great weekend 🙂

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos