Menu
J_a_c
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box giving Pictulated picture.

So no idea how long this thread has been going on but for months have had pixelation and it is now completely impossible to watch the TV - the Tivo box needs replacing as it just doesn't work. I've done all the usual things like turn it off and get the down-the-line diagnostics.  It is completely impossible to get through to virgin on the phone. They often cut you off after ringing in, saying to try another time. Sometimes you go round in circles and then they say they can't answer. I have to work and simply cannot spend my life waiting on my phone for them to answer.  i can assure you they have the worst customer service ever (pretty awful pre-covid as well).  No excuse for it as their operatives should be able to work from home.  I pay a fortune for a non-functioning service.  Already had an engineer out a few months ago to try to make the broadband better but that didn't help (and didn't improve the broadband either).

How can I get a new Tivo box (mine is pretty old)?  I actually have to watch things for work and am fed up having to view on my laptop (and please don't tell me about linking the laptop and TV screen - that's not the point I pay for the Tivo box). 

0 Kudos
J_a_c
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ongoing TV problem7 months and no help from Virgin Media

So I have just posted a similar compalint as I hadn't seen yours.  I've complained before and for months haven't been able to get through to anyone properly.  My pixelation is if anything worse than yours.  And then suddenly it will clear and I can watch something for a short time with ony a little pixelation.  But trying to watch anyting recorded is impossible and so I know the Tivo box needs replacing.  But like you can't get through to anyone.  Let's hope someone from the company sees this and decides to send me a new Tivo box because i too asked for a refund some months ago when broadband was not good, thinking the broadband was causing the viewing problems as I also had buffering.  .But nothing improved with the engineer's visit.

0 Kudos
J_a_c
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Could you please arrange for me to have a new Tivo box sent to me as well since I have not been able to get through on the phone for weeks either. Have tried time after time.My Tivo box simply doesn't work (have tried all the usual turing off and on and down the line diagnostics (after which the phone call cuts me off).  Pixelation has got worse and worse for months and now is worse than the photo the originator of this thread posted.  Completely impossible to use television now.  Can't watch anything I have recorded, occasionally clears enough to watch something for a bit (usually NOT what I want to watch) but with some pixelation.  I also want a refund as have been paying for service I can't use.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi J_a_c,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with this. 

I have been unable to locate your account from your forum profile. 

I do wish to help look into this. 

I will private message you so we can look into this.  

^Martin

0 Kudos
J_a_c
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me.  So I replied to your private message but haven't heard back.  I cannot spend all day waiting by my laptop as have things to do so just want to know what is happening please?  Are you going to respond again by private message?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, if you have an open PM dialogue then I'm sure Martin will respond by PM.

I'd recommend registering for email notifications of received messages.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
J_a_c
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Authentication failed

WHy do I keep getting an Authentication failed message and how can I progress with my problem if I can't post a message or an answer to the private message I'm getting to try to solve my original problem?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Authentication failed

Hi when you receive a private message you will have been asked questions re security of your account, so it sounds like you haven't answered correctly or given the wrong information. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Where are you seeing this message?

Is this relating to your existing thread here ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
J_a_c
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

And then it keeps repeating Autentication failed o this thread as well.. and I keep trying to repy to you two... they just refuse to help I think.

0 Kudos