Menu
TommyM1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box giving Pictulated picture.

I am having the same problems, pixelating picture and unable to contact Virgin. Spoke to a Virgin Engineer who was working in the area who said this was a known issue with the Samsung TIVO boxes. Any idea how this can be resolved. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box giving pixellated picture

@TommyM1 wrote:

Spoke to a Virgin Engineer who was working in the area who said this was a known issue with the Samsung TIVO boxes.

That is, to put it bluntly, nonsense. Either that or a misunderstanding somewhere.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TommyM1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box giving pixellated picture

I can only pass on the info that I was given, I told him that i was having a problem with picture pixelating and the first thing he asked was it a Samsung Tivo box as they were known for this. I can only assume that a Virgin engineer knows what he is talking about. Re your comments about phoning, if you care to read te comments you will see that I have been unable to get through to Virgin Media ( have been trying regularly for over 2 weeks - just get engaged tone or a message saying all our operators are busy please try again later). Hence the reason for the post 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box giving pixellated picture

Like I said, there may have been misunderstanding. There is certainly no "known issue" with TiVo boxes having pixellation issues, anymore than there's an issue with any Virgin TV box having pixellation issues. They are older boxes and have been in use for longer.

There's been some issues with VM's call queues recently, but everyone who's calling them is in the same position and this forum isn't intended for first-line fault reporting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos