Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Box Keeps Going Off and Starting up Appears on Screen

Did you ever get an answer to this. I've come onto the board because I'm seeing exactly the same behaviour, it started yesterda immediately after Virgin had a major outage in our area, not sure if the two are related. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@beaker_72 

Much better if you can start your own post rather an adding to a (long-solved) old one 🙂

If your box is rebooting and not getting out of the startup loop, you have a fault. Call 0800 5610061 to check there's nothing already reported, if not then call and report it.

150 or 0345 4541111.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

@beaker_72 

Much better if you can start your own post rather an adding to a (long-solved) old one 🙂

If your box is rebooting and not getting out of the startup loop, you have a fault. Call 0800 5610061 to check there's nothing already reported, if not then call and report it.

150 or 0345 4541111.

Interesting - I didn't actually see a solution posted to the topic I replied to or I would have referred to that first before posting. It would be really helpful if you could point me in the direction of the solution. 

In terms of the actual problem I'm having, I think you've misunderstood it. I'm not stuck in an endless boot loop. The original post that I replied to described the problem perfectly so I've pasted it below rather that try to type it out again.

TiVo Box Keeps Going Off and Starting up Appears on Screen then the box goes off and Staring up reappears on screen for about 1 minute then goes off again. 

A power off resets this and the TiVo and channels work for 15-30 minutes. Then the process above happens again........this has been a problem for 2 days now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your box is clearly faulty to be doing that. Rebooting overnight after VM maintenance works or occasionally software-driven is one thing.

Rebooting constantly like this, and during the day - not normal. I'd recommend you call in and report it, you may need a new box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You said previously that the post I'd originally replied to had been solved, please can you show me where the solution details for that post are?

I think it would be really helpful if I could determine if that solution works for me too before asking Virgin for a new box. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It seems a reasonable assumption that a 6-ish month old thread with no follow-up has been solved, otherwise the user would likely have posted back.

The solution to any TiVo or V6 box not starting up, would be to call VM and report it - where a highly probable outcome is a box replacement.

0 Kudos