cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV Picture Pixelated Tivo box 2023

freddythefrog
Joining in

Hi Ashleigh, I have an identical issue. It's a Tivo 1 TB box. To be clear, almost all live TV channels work fine but a small number have "poor reception". In particular BBC3, BBC4, Sky Sports news and a few others. This is NOT a hardware problem. It must be due to the CATV antenna being used as input to the cable transmission in my local area. I have checked my postcode for known issues and there are none listed. Not sure what we can do if anything about this. We don't have a terrestrial TV antenna so can only watch these channels if they are available via on deman services (Iplayer in the case of BBC). Help with this would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello freddythefrog.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.

Sorry it's not on better terms.

I can take a look at the buffering on certain channels for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello freddythefrog.

Thanks for taking your time to reply to the Private message.

Its good news that you have already arranged a service technician to attend.

Would it be possible to let me know how the channels are after the visit.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth, the issue is now fixed. I spent some time with phone technical support and they sent some commands to the box. I rebooted a couple of times and the affected channels are OK now. The channels appeared to be related (but possibly not identical) to the ones that were re-assigned, switched from SD to HD and/or removed, in Jan 2023 https://rxtvinfo.com/2023/virgin-media-switches-off-sd-channels-in-big-reshuffle/. They aren't identical so this could be coincidence but some of the affected ones were: ITVBe, subset of Sky channels, subset of BBC (BBC3, 4) and others but I didn't make a comprehensive list.