forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
euwerdot
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Channels are pixelated and breaking up

Hi,

I have the same problem in N22, London and it's been like it for almost a year. If I was to guess I would say it's due to data rates as it's better late at night (as I write this for example) with fewer people watching TV. I phoned 150 last year and eventually got through to someone and they assured me they were going to phone back to arrange an engineer to visit but it didn't happen. I also made a formal complaint and asked for compensation for the long loss of reliable TV reception, but again, nothing happened!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Channels are pixelated

@euwerdot 

Far better to start a new post with your details than add "me too" to someone else's 😉

Live TV channels are carried over a broadcast system, not over the internet. So data rates that you describe have nothing to do with pixellation.

The internet is used for OnDemand & streaming services, but speed issues there tend to manifest as buffering rather than pixellation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
euwerdot
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Channels are pixelated

Thanks, but I don't think there's much point unless they can summon up an engineer through the ether. Will have to phone yet again.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Channels are pixelated

Basic diagnostics can be done by any faults agent while you wait.

Whether the outcome is an engineer visit, or replacement box, there's no reason that can't be decided and arranged, in one call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos