Menu
laf
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Subtitles too big

Watching Euros 2020 and have had to move to the kitchen to watch on Freeview as struggling with the Scottish commentator so need subtitles that don't cover half the pitch and players and keep up with the speech!  We don't have an aerial in our living room to use Freeview so are stuck with Virgin.

I previously posted 16 months ago, still no comment from Virgin.  What's the point in these forums if they have no input.  Virgin haven't taken any of the complaints on board.  It really shouldn't be rocket science to sort this out so presume the financial outlay is too large for Virgin.  £95 month is a ridiculous amount to pay for an inferior service.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

@laf wrote:

I previously posted 16 months ago, still no comment from Virgin.  What's the point in these forums if they have no input.  Virgin haven't taken any of the complaints on board.  It really shouldn't be rocket science to sort this out so presume the financial outlay is too large for Virgin.  £95 month is a ridiculous amount to pay for an inferior service.

This is primarily a user-community forum where the first response is often going to be from fellow users, who in some cases are particularly experienced in their field of expertise. Staff do respond where that support has been exhausted or where otherwise necessary - but that's never going to be real-time.

For what it's worth, the TiVo software platform that drives the TiVo & V6 boxes is now sufficiently mature that it's not likely to get any future development beyond legal & regulatory changes. VM's development focus is now on the (comparatively immature but with a rapid development curve) Horizon platform which drives the 360 boxes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi @laf

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the size, placement and speed of the subtitles on Virgin TV. I will pass on your feedback regarding the matter now.

I am really sorry that this disrupted your viewing of Euro 2020.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos