Menu
1stviolin
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation

It seems like a common problem - we've also been having pixelation issues on and off for months, first on recordings and now seemingly random even when watching "live". Some programmes have been practically unwatchable - it's easier to Chromecast from iplayer or other catch-up apps on a laptop. Come on VM - sort this out. Don't especially want to spend hours on the phone being encouraged to upgrade or to reset everything and lose my recordings... 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixellation

@1stviolin 

I've moved your "me too" post to a new thread so your responses don't get mixed up with other people's 🙂

You're absolutely correct to say pixellation on Virgin TV is a common problem - Virgin is a digital TV platform, and pixellation is how digital TV systems handle poor signal. So anyone on Virgin TV with poor signal is likely to have pixellation issues. The fix is to remedy those poor signal issues.

If you have already reset your equipment, then the next stage is most likely to have an engineer visit and have your cabling and equipment checked over. There could be a fault in your box, or the problem could be in your external cabling somewhere. Only by reporting your problem, being clear to the faults agent that multiple resets have failed to resolve the issue (and so further resets won't make any difference), and having an engineer visit arranged, will your fault be likely to be fixed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks