cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Picture breaking up on 2nd tivo box.

Tacitus
Joining in

Same thing happening with my second Tivo box.  It has got worse in the last week.  As with previous post, the main TV and box are working without problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tacitus, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your TiVo box. 

Taking a look at the account, all checks are coming back as unreachable. Can you please confirm the box is plugged in and turned on? 

If it's not, please plug in, turn on and pop a post back here to let us know. Leave the box on until we post back to you confirming checks have been done. 

Once we have run through the checks, we can then go from there. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to a new thread rather than adding "me too" to someone elses 😉

The standard answer to all pixellation queries, amended slightly for "only one box is affected"...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

If only one box in your home is affected, then that probably eliminates an external fault and it's likely to be caused either by the box or the internal cabling. Please swap your 2 boxes around, and see if the fault follows the box or remains with the room.

Once you know whether the box or the cabling is likely fault, ideally you'll need to call VM to report your issue.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tacitus, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with your TiVo box. 

Taking a look at the account, all checks are coming back as unreachable. Can you please confirm the box is plugged in and turned on? 

If it's not, please plug in, turn on and pop a post back here to let us know. Leave the box on until we post back to you confirming checks have been done. 

Once we have run through the checks, we can then go from there. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

The box has been on all the time.  The picture tends to pixelate during sports like football or even golf where there is faster movement.  I have turned the box off and restarted it but the issue remains.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tacitus,

Thank you for your response and welcome back to the forums page.

I've taken a look into your account for you and I can see that the same issue still persists with the device being unreachable.

To resolve this we will need to book a technician for you, I'll send you a PM to run through some further details.

Thanks again,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confiriming the requested details Tacitus,

I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the pixelation issue. You can find the details of the visit here.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you, please be aware that as this is the earliest appointment available any changes may delay the visit. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about; There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

•The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Kain