Menu
Billy455
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix/ iplayer freezing on tivo box

Hi, I'm having similar issues with Netflix freezing, this is on a brand new TiVo box and I wasn't experiencing these problems with old box.

Tried all problem shooting and no luck, same thing keeps happening. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Billy455 

I've moved your "me too" post to a new thread 😉

Assuming you definitely have a TiVo (check here ), there's 2 issues with streaming services & VoD on TiVo boxes

1: The box is old - no getting around that. Modern streaming services aren't available on TiVo partly because of this, but old hardware simply wasn't designed for current streaming apps. A V6 is the answer.

2: The TiVo has inbuilt internet, and this often fails without users realising. Without an internet connection, anything that uses the internet, fails. OnDemand, streaming, TV guide updates, the lot. On the front-left of your TiVo are 3 green lights, the second-from-left indicates the internal connection. Solid on is good, but flashing means the 'net is offline. It's a fault - so report it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Billy455
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, and thanks for the reply. 

Along with Netflix freezing, I'm now having the same problem with YouTube and also watching any show on catch up.

Done a reboot and checked cable but no success 

Billy

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you had a chance to read the response to your first post, above your reply?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Billy455
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, internet connection is fine and always shows as okay on box. 

This box is a replacement that I just got recently, never had any problems with catch up with the older box. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm not really sure what to add to my original reply, really - that pretty much covers it.

You can try working through the various resets that are under Home > Help & Settings > Clear or reset my TiVo. The last level of reset is equivalent to a reformat, which is no great loss if you're otherwise looking at a replacement.

0 Kudos
Billy455
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I will have a look at settings when I get a chance.

And thanks for your help, it is appreciated. 

0 Kudos