Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix/ iplayer freezing on tivo box

I am also having this same issue, judging from the previous post this is due to the age of the tivo box. Issues that have been resolved seem to be have done so by changing out this old box for a new one.

The Tivo box i have is at least 5 years old. It has become very slow loading up over the past few years, and quite slow for general channel changes. However, for things like Netflix and iPlayer it is pretty much unusable. It take a very long time to load, then crashes in the middle of watching programs almost evey time. It also does not allow pause/rewind etc without crashing. This freezing very often results in the whole set having to be restarted, which can take a very long time. Indeed, it sometimes needs to be hard rebooted at the switch as it cannot be turned off.

I have tried various avenues to try and get this sorted with Virgin with no luck, but this thread gives me some home of a resolution. Any help from Virgin would be much appreciated.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the post Bob_loblaw and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if your Tivo box is connected through an ethernet cable to the Hub? 

Does this box have V+ or VHD written on it anywhere? As these would be our legacy boxes which are unable to get the services and need replacing. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily_G,

Thanks for the help, the Tivo Box was setup by an engineer, and it currently has two connections:

• Cable in
  • HDMI to TV

I cant see a VHD or V+ on it.

It is a SMT-C7100 500GB manufactured 2013.04. I attach a photo of my device:

My TivoMy Tivo

And snapshots of the device from online for ID and connection purposes (not my box):

SMT-C7100SMT-C7100SMT-C7100 BackSMT-C7100 Back

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us. 

If you sign in to your My Virgin Media online account, you'll be able to see if you're entitled to a free upgrade

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS,

Thank you for your reply. Unless I am looking in the wrong place, I have no upgrade offer.

However, I am not looking for an upgrade. I am looking to get my Tivo Box, which is no longer working well, fixed or replaced. As otherwise I am not getting the service I am paying monthly for.

As stated before, it is very slow on general TV, and it does not let me use certain key aspects (such as catch up/streaming TV like iPlayer/Netflix). It sounds like a similar problem to that other have posted here, where the age of the box is the issue.

Thanks for the help

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi bob_loblaw,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've attempted to run diagnostics on your box, but I see it's currently switched off.

Can you please switch the box on and have it connection to the broadband services before coming back to us?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi David_Bn,

Thank you for your reply and help. The Tivo Box is currently on & connected.

Best wishes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi David_Bn, John_GS or Emily_G,

I am just checking for any updates on this. I am still having the same issues as described above.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am just checking for any updates on this. I am still having the same issues as described above.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am just checking for any updates on this. I am still having the same issues as described above, and they have become worse, effecting all catch up and streaming services. 

The services freeze & crash regularly, going back to the beginning or requiring a hard reset of the box taking a long time. If any service is paused or fast forwarded/rewinded it is highly likely to cause it to freeze.

I have had the Tivo Box on as David_Bn asked ealier in this thread for diagnostics.

I have tried various avenues to try and get this sorted with Virgin with no luck, with no response from phone, email or on this thread when I explain the issue.

I would like to get this sorted, and if this isn't the right forum to solve this, can you please reply to let me know who to contact.

0 Kudos