Menu
CheekyMonk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code ES071

Hi,

Finally got round to watching Condor via the On Demand service.

The glitches have returned. C130 followed by N27.

Currently on the second episode and already had one stoppage within the first 10 minutes.

Please help.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As per error code help those are general OnDemand errors that tend to indicate connectivity issues. I would expect all of your VOD services to be affected, regardless of channel or broadcaster.

Just to confirm, are you watching on a TiVo or a V6? Check here if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
CheekyMonk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm watching on the Tivo box.

Kind Regards, 

Arif

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error Code C130 & N27

Do you have any flashing green lights on the front-left of your TiVo when OnDemand drops out?

I suspect the second green-light from left (it has a painted "heart" symbol next to it) flashes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
CheekyMonk
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yeah, that second green light from the left was flashing when the VOD service went on the blink.

I managed to finish watching the episodes I needed to despite the numerous interruptions but I dread having to use the VOD service again 🙃 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If the online light is flashing, that's a fault and should be reported to VM by the usual methods.

You either need an engineer visit or replacement box.

If you've had your package a while, and also have VM broadband (which is a requirement) you could do a lot worse than review your entire bundle with a view to swapping from TiVo > V6. Much newer box, much quicker, but runs the same (excellent, stable) TiVo software.

A fault swapout shouldn't be an issue in any case.

0 Kudos
CheekyMonk
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the heads up about the faulty box.

I've been reticent about switching to a V6 box because I currently have a lot of saved programmes on my Tivo; 70% full!

I would be loathe to lose all that programming and would really need to get it lower than 40% before I would consider forfeiting the rest.

It's a pity that Virgin cannot develop a tool which allows the saved programmes to be transferred to a new box similar to how data is transferred between smart phones. Do you reckon they'll ever develop something like this?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No easy answer to the HDD being full, mine was like that for a while before a couple of small gremlins became major gremlins and I had to bite the bullet. Gotta be your call, that one.

@CheekyMonk wrote:

It's a pity that Virgin cannot develop a tool which allows the saved programmes to be transferred to a new box similar to how data is transferred between smart phones. Do you reckon they'll ever develop something like this?

Almost certainly not. Channel providers & broadcasters are not the greatest fans of PVR and hard-drive based timeshifting as it is - they'd much rather we stream and use OnDemand, over which they have more control. Witness Sky's rule that when you lose access to a specific live channel, you also lose the rights to the recording, as evidence of this.

CheekyMonk
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for all the insight.

I'll keep ploughing on for the time being before biting the proverbial bullet and hope that I don't have to use the On Demand service too often.

I tried watching an episode on the BBC iPlayer yesterday but gave up after around 10 minutes of almost constant buffering. Watched it fine on the laptop in the end.

This presumably points to more issues with the tivo box or is it part of the same issue I have encountered when streaming via the tivo?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

2 issues..

1: The TiVo is fundamentally an old box - software's fine (the V6 uses the same) but the hardware is old. Modern apps on old hardware is never a great mix, and is part of the reason the newer apps are V6-only.

2: All streaming apps (Netflix, iPlayer, YouTube) and OnDemand services use the internet. If the internet connection is failing, everything that uses the connection, will suffer sooner or later.

0 Kudos