Menu
Hugsley
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Distorted picture

Hi Zak_M, 

Are you able to help me with the same problem? I've been on with support via the phone today on my break but after a few mins through the IVRs, I was cut off after a minute of being on hold. Tried web chat in the afternoon and was told I should receive a call back withing 4 hours but nothing yet on hour 5.

It's been happening for a few weeks and a reboot fixes it for a while but it keeps returning now quicker and quicker. Completed all the first line checks as per the automated support but it still returns.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Hugsley 

Better to start your own thread than add to someone elses - amongst other things, replies can be specific to you...

So, with that in mind... what's the issue you're having?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hugsley
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Apologies... thought it might have been better to jump on an existing thread rather than create another of the same issue sorry. Doh!

Anyway, the TV picture can be fine for a few days or even a week but then it starts getting really distorted with green squares and the sound cutting out. After 10 mins or so it'll go completely off. Some channels when flicking through won't load but some will. Such as all BBC channels not working but E4 does?

As mentioned, a reboot sorts it out but it'll return. Calling up and web chat didn't prove successful today. Help.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No prob.

It sounds like you're describing picture breakup and/or pixellation, which is often caused by poor incoming signal. Do you get any error codes or messages when channels won't load show?

Digital TV platforms carry channels in group that don't always reflect their EPG positions, if you can identify specific channels (including HD/SD) there may be commonality without your realising.

Ultimately if issues persist after a reboot, there's an underlying fault that will need dealing with.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Hugsley
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Japitts

There was a W0 code which translated to a generic cable unplugged but I'm no longer getting a code. Ran through a few channels and here is the results:

BBC1

Distorted

BBC2 (HD)

Distorted

ITV 1 (HD)

Distorted

Channel 4

Distorted

Channel 5 (HD)

Distorted

E4

Works

BBC4 (HD)

Dead

BBC1 (HD)

Distorted

SkyOne

Dead

SkyWitness

Dead

ITV 1

Distorted

ITV 1 +1

Distorted

ITV 2

Dead

ITV 2 +1

Dead

ITV 3

Dead

ITV 4

Dead

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

W02 is a classic loss of signal error, if that's the one you saw.

0 Kudos
Hugsley
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That'll be the one. If it was a physica/connectionl issue though a reboot shouldn't fix it right? And the internet which is on the same line, no issues at all

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Possibly a box tuner fault, the forum staff can run remote diagnostics if you stick around for a few days.

Just like any equipment reboot - it'll tend to solve issues for a short time, but if symptoms persist, something is awry that needs dealing with.

0 Kudos
Hugsley
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Japitts!

I'll wait for the forum staff

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @Hugsley 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your TV services. 

I have just taken a quick look over you account,  I can see that you have an engineer booked to come and look over this issue. 

If we are able to assist you further then please do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos