Menu
Steve9010
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Catch up stops every time

Hi there,

This sounds like exactly the issue I've got - had for 12 months! I have a TiVo box about 3 years old (?). We have very reliable 100+Mb broadband but the TiVo box is cabled in directly by coax to the Virgin supply. This was done some 20 years ago. Every time we use "Catch up" - especially Netflix or I-Player, it will work for a while, anything from 5 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. Then the picture will freeze and after a few seconds a black screen with some generic message "We're having trouble playing this title at the moment, etc, with the tab "tvq-pb-101 (3.3.-302). As you say, as soon as the picture freezes, the second of the two permanent green indicator lights on the left of the TiVo box starts flashing. This always lasts for 3 minutes. When it stops, I can pick up the programme again. During this outage, I can tune to TV programmes in real time without a problem. Telephone support have looked at this three times over the months; each time saying they have made some firmware update or some similar tech fix and assure me that the problem won't re-occur. Then it always does. 

I'll try phoning them again. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Catch up stops every time

Yep... the internal modem on your TiVo is failing. No amount of remote fixes are going to solve that....

Mind, you've got far more patience than me, putting up with this for so long....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos