Re: Buffering in Catch-Up

Icklefordian
Joining in

Hi,

It’s a TiVo and it’s wireless.

6 REPLIES 6

Icklefordian
Joining in

Whenever I pause, fast forward or rewind during Catch-Up, on iPlayer or ITVHub, the item I’m watching shuts down and I have to turn off the TV to get out working again. Is this down to the ancient technology being used or do I have a faulty box?

Anonymous
Not applicable

• Thanks for the advice Cardiffman281. I can get catch-up  working for a while after a reboot, as suggested in the link, but the problem does recur whenever I use the RW/FF/etc buttons.  I just wondered whether this was something only I had encountered or whether or was a well-known Virgin box problem

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Icklefordian 

It would help if you advised which VM set top box these issues occur on, also how is it connected to the ethernet?

The answers to these questions will mean we can move your post to the correct forum and offer more helpful advice related to the actual box.

If you aren't sure which set top box you have then refer to 

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Icklefordian,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some ongoing issues with your TV box recently.

Can you tell us if the advice from @Anonymous and @newapollo was able to help you resolve the issue?

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know as we'll be more than happy to investigate further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Icklefordian

Thanks for the details. I've taken a look on our systems and there are currently no issues showing regarding your TV box, how is everything working for you now when watching Catch Up?

Best wishes,

Serena