cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Amazon Prime for Tivo Box probably an old version as had it 5 - 6 yrs

impy1
On our wavelength

Hi I've just seen your post regarding Amazon Prime.I am in same position, my tivo tv box does not support this service.I have tried in vain for an upgrade but with no luck.,although I was offered a new box for an extra £5 a month and £35 delivery fee! Just wondered if you had any luck changing yours

4 REPLIES 4

madaboutplants
Tuning in

Nope. My tivobox is also old. But they won't change it. I still hv not managed to talk to a human being. I'll try again today. Will post results later 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you want a newer Virgin TV box, you'll need to specifically change to a new package with an upgraded TV service. A TiVo box won't be swapped for a different box without the upgrade.

The upgrade may include setup or activation fees and for any newer box you'll need to have Virgin Fibre too.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

I only really wanted to watch Amazon prime.I bought a Amazon stick today and plugged into tv.It does  the job perfect. BBC iPlayer itv,hub etc. Never used the TiVo box to record much anyway so will not bother trying for upgrade now.

Thanks for the update @impy1 and I'm pleased to hear that you've been able to find a suitable work around

Kindest regards,

David_Bn