Menu
vji6697
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Random Reboots

Hi

One of my Tivo units has taken it upon it self to reboot at random times - noticed it doing it twice over the last 3 days whilst watching, but who knows how many times it actually does reboot.

Anything I can try or will it need an engineer visit ? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Random Reboots

Most boxes can reboot as a matter of course "periodically", but it shouldn't be this frequent by any stretch of the imagination. Boxes will also reboot if particular faults are apparent, as a self-restoring method.

All that said, rebooting (effectively) once a day is too often. If you have a TiVo as opposed to a V6, it's especially likely that the box could be trying to die. Or there could be a fault elsewhere in the TX chain and the box is dealing with that by rebooting.

In any case, report it. Either an engineer visit or box-swap is most likely needed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
vji6697
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  Agree that it does not look healthy.

Was hoping one of the VM team here could sort out an engineer visit rather than having to spend ages waiting on the phone - will try that route too now.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi vji6697

Thanks for posting. I am sorry for the delayed reply and also the TV issues. I have checked the system today and it does need an engineer visit. I'll send you a PM now to arrange.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM vji6697

Just to update the thread, I have booked in the engineer visit

Let us know how the visit goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
vji6697
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to close this down, Engineer came, said the box was basically on its last legs so swapped it for a V6 and all is good again 🙂

0 Kudos