Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Racing TV - Channel 536 - Heavily Pixelated

Hi there,

For the last 3 -4 weeks, i have been having problems whilst watching Racing TV on Channel 536 on both my Tivo boxes, the picture is intermittently becoming heavily pixelated - glitching, to the point where its un viewable. I contacted the fault team on Saturday the 15th of February where they got me to check all connections, reset boxes, HDMI cabling etc all to no avail.

Today Monday the 17th of February a Virgin Media engineer arrived and rechecked what i had done, he also done additional signal checks on components into and in my property too. No fault to be found. He then said he would report it to the networking dept. I have checked for known faults in my area on the webpage but don't see any mention of my issue.

Can someone please tell me if this is a known fault and/or if something is being done in the background regarding this issue? its driving me insane, i'm paying an additional sub for a channel that's un viewable.

HELP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Racing TV - Channel 536 - Heavily Pixelated

I have been having the same problems, i contacted Virgin today and they advised nothng to do with them, i dont know whether you have contacted Racing UK directly yet as i was going to and see whether they have signal problems ??

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

See my own long running thread/saga which Virgin appearing to be ignoring.

I have the added problem with 535 not working.

Are Virgin anti-racing?

Of course it is a Virgin problem. The bill is going directly to Virgin therefore they are responsible for the sub standard service.

At the very least we need to keep this thread at the top until we get a reply. What's the point of forums if the moderators just choose to ignore the posts?

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have also been having problems with Racing TV breaking up for about a week, so it is obviously a nationwide issue.  Bizarrely, it seems worse when horses are actually racing!  The picture seems much better when the presenters are on camera.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Same here since Friday, always seems to be worse if not exclusively on Channel 536.

I've now complained to Racing TV, but pretty sure it's down to Virgin. It's all very well having superfast broadband, but they can't seem to provide decent TV pictures.

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Same here, and exclusively on 536. No other channels palying up at all. Virgin cannot pass the blame onto RTV as we subscribe to RTV through Virgin. 

With my package coming up for renewal in six weeks, I'm looking with interest at how Virgin respond to these probems #NeverHadSuchBadServiceFromSky

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Glad its not just me with this fault then!

@Ostrich65 - Its nothing to do with RacingTv, the fault lies directly with Virgin media, we pay them direct to view this service.

@IanS - Yes i did see you're thread before writing this but thought its was exclusively about Channel 535 Sky Sports Racing, which incidentally has a very poor SDR picture, i am unsure how Virgin have an SDR version of this when Sky have upgraded the channel to HD January 2019. Very odd.

@wombat2202 - Yes, i have just also noticed that the issue is worse when the horses are actually racing, its still there when the presenters are on and i would say that's about the same strain as the issue was when it first started happening to me around 3-4 weeks ago.

@Steviebee / @DartGuru - The engineer who arrived at mine yesterday couldn't believe it was only happening on RacingTV channel either, DaveHD and EdenHD are 2 other channels (there are many) that are supplied through the same frequency in the fibre optic cable and we both watched those channels for a period of time yesterday to see if they were pixelated/glitching, alas there was no fault to see. 

Having just spoke to the web chat team, i now have an exclusive work order number regarding this fault. I will give them until the end of the week to resolve this before cancelling my sub for this channel. I'm loathe to do this with the Cheltenham Festival being just literally around the corner though. Its beyond ridiculous that the fault is still occurring when it's been going on for a number of weeks now and whats more frustrating is that they know about the issue but haven't put up an official fault in the service status not just my area but the whole network regarding this issue. I would be livid if i was signing up to this sub and having to suffer this terrible picture from the start of it. Many will have this predicament. Honesty and transparency from our tv provider regarding the issue would have been a good starting point.

Lets keep at them

Highlighted
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi all, 

Apologies for any inconvenience this issue has been causing. 

The fault has been raised to our support team and you can find further details here.

Community Moderators 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes, as far as I can see, I think, hope, pray that this issue is now at last resolved!!!

So thanks to the VM staff who have initiated some action and fixed the problem, would be interesting to know what the fault actually was.

What have we, as customers, learnt from this?

1) Doing nothing and hoping it will miraculously fix itself isn't going to work.

2) Virgin Media, surprisingly, are not monitoring the picture quality of their tv service and proactively solving issues as they occur.

3) Individually phoning up and reporting the fault (as I have done many times) would probably just get an engineer to visit, who would have been unable to solve the problem and prolonged the frustration.

4) Recognising other customers may have the exact same issue and collaborating on one thread may alert VM that they actually have got a fault on their network.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes @StevieBee my RacingTV channels appear to be working well on both boxes this morning, looks like the fault is resolved. Happy days. Hopefully VM clarify this at some stage today and that they also let us know what the issue was and the fix. I will also say its a bit of a surprise VM don't have someone monitoring channel picture/quality of all the channels they provide. Its scandalous this fault has been on for nearly 4 weeks. GOOD JOB on the fix however.

Collectively we should now be coming together to ensure Channel 535, Sky Sports Racing is upscaled from SD to HD like the other competitor platforms have had available for over a year since the launch of the channel.

Pretty Please VM? 🙏

0 Kudos