cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question - arrows

slowstar
Dialled in

Hello

just wanted to ask at night time i have noticed arrows appearing on box ( tivo) just wondering what does it mean is it anything to worry about? Green, red - tonight one clear arrow ( check status doing area work today with broadband i think)( may be to do with area work??) they disappear and i have looked at router no signs of anything - Just wanted to know for future refrence 

thanks for your help

Slow_Star

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per previous post but not answered thus far... TiVo's don't have any arrow symbols on, they have an in-built internet connection with 3 green LEDs.

V6 run TiVo-software, and rely on your home broadband for the onward internet connection. The arrow symbol on this box indicates a lost connection to the TiVo-software platform

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVo's don't have any arrow symbols on, they have an in-built internet connection with 3 green LEDs.

V6 run TiVo-software, and rely on your home broadband for the onward internet connection. The arrow symbol on this box indicates a lost connection to the TiVo-software platform

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @slowstar 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums it's great to have you here.

Thank you so much to japitts for their help so far on this and I just wanted to check and see how things are looking with the set top box now? Are the lights still showing as red?

Hi Ashleigh_C

sorry for the late response - They came on yesturday ( look at router all ok clear light) it was red then went green the clear on the box then disappeared compelety - its odd - any tips on what i could do when it happens?

look forward to your response Ashleigh

Forgot to add - can still watch tv just that appears at times 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per previous post but not answered thus far... TiVo's don't have any arrow symbols on, they have an in-built internet connection with 3 green LEDs.

Ok thank you Japiits 🙂 

ASHLEY_C

Box seems okay today maybe its the weather - sorry for any inconvience caused within this post - just wondred what tips ect could do if it re appears again in future 🙂 

thank you again for your time and patience / users & Ashley_C

have a good week

slowstar
Dialled in

Update - check status online told to reset router - fingers crossed may be sorted , Thank you for your reply's 🙂 

Hi Slowstar 👋 thanks for getting back to us!
Really pleased to hear the problem seems sorted now. 

Just as further advice, we would always recommend regularly rebooting the TV box (turning it off via the switch) which allows any software updates or bug fixes to install. - Hope this helps!

Let us know if you do continue to have issues and we will do our best to help get it sorted! 
All the best. 🌞

Molly