Menu
Asil-s
Tuning in
Message 1 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Problems with tv guide updating

From Saturday I will no longer be a le to record or see what's on as all tv guide says to be announced. 

I've tried all online stuff switching on and off, reconnecting to virgin. Nothing works. The latter cuts off when gathering info.

I've been cut off 3 times today. Been waiting on phone over 2.5 hrs. Appreciate busy but exhausted online suggestions. 

I did get thru once and girl said someone would call back 1 hour tops. That was 2.5 hrs ago.

I pay good money for a service I'm not getting. I want an engineer to come out as nothing can be done over phone and I want to speak to human and not be cut off before I go to trading standards.  I appreciate its busy but still I'm paying my money for service not getting.

Nicholas_k
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with tv guide updating

Hi,when you say TiVo do you mean v6 ? It sounds like if it is a v6,it has no connection to the internet,is it hard wired or wireless and also is your internet service working ok ?

thanks

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
bobmansfield
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 67
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same problem.  The programme guide is blank from Friday onwards and all my planned recording are not showing.  Is this a general prolem - I've rebooted the TIVO box but the problem persists

bobmansfield
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Both of us have the TIVO system - I've been on the troubleshooting section which identified a problem with the TIVO box and restarted it remotely - still the same, no programmes showing after today and no scheduled recordings.  can you pleas respond - I know you're busy but we are paying for this service and simply want to know what's happening

Thompo34
Tuning in
Message 5 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Have you had any response to this - we are suffering the same Thompo34
bobmansfield
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 67
Flag for a moderator

No response so far.  The original post did get a response but not helpful as the person queried which system we were using - we both have TIVO.  I'm wondering if it's a general problem with delays to the scheduling, but I've tried a few times to reset the network connection in Settings - the system goes through 'prepare' and 'connect' but then loses the connection as it starts to download the update.  I'm not sure how we can 'force' a response ..

Thompo34
Tuning in
Message 7 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Same thing we got through to someone by phone and was advised that our package had ended, however we were still in contract. We updated our package but still the same issue. Maybe someone will respond. It just certain channels is it the same with you?
0 Kudos
bobmansfield
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 67
Flag for a moderator

We are still in contract - the issue affects all channels

0 Kudos
bobmansfield
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Should have added - I've sent a direct message to 'Nicholas' of the Forum Team asking for a response - nothing yet

0 Kudos
Thompo34
Tuning in
Message 10 of 67
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update just done the same, hopefully someone will come back...
0 Kudos